I'm after a group consensus answer to "are cycling software/applications on topic for bicycles.se? "
Thoughts for being on-topic
- Cycling apps are absolutely totally cycling related.
- Applications are somewhat separate from the services that run the backends. Example, strava has an official client, as well as third party software which also interacts with the service.
Thoughts for being off-topic,
- Many of them have an upfront cost or pay for added features. Most also have a free mode, with some features missing. That makes it a product.
- Software eventually falls out of development or out of support over time, meaning its unavailable eventually.
So cycling apps would fall partway between "no product recommendations" and clearly on-topic.
- What iOS / iphone app can give me turn by turn navigation of a pre-planned route?