Mechanical Engineer with a Software Problem.
I don't claim to be an expert programmer, I'm a full time professional mechanical engineer specializing in dynamics, structures and getting sh*t to space. I have 7 Years of experience with Finite Element Codes (Nastran and Ansys, and I've written my own FEM code in C/Objective-C). I have a few other OSX/iOS programs that I have built including TA's Friend, iRef-Kickball and iRef-Kickball Lite. I am also fairly adept at web app programming using a ruby stack including ruby on rails, sinatra, haml, sass (scss), mongodb/mongoid, spork, coffeescript, jquery, rspec, S3, heroku, ect., ect...
I've built the following websites
- Table 14 Software : rails
- Xpix : rails, haml, sass, s3, heroku
- fea.heroku.com : sinatra, haml, sass, heroku
- Field of Noise : rails, haml, sass, s3, heroku
- Emoticon! : rails, haml, sass, heroku, mongoid, rspec, guard, spork, ect...
- Robotic Ears: rails, haml, sass, heroku, mongoid, rspec, fb_graph, youtube_it, soundcloud, ect...
Santa Barbara, CA
Member for 10 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 9 '11 at 17:58
- Stack Overflow 8.7k 8.7k 44 gold badges4848 silver badges5959 bronze badges
- Area 51 2.2k 2.2k 22 gold badges22 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Bicycles 811 811 66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Ask Different 760 760 88 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Photography 343 343 11 gold badge33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 278 Rails: Order with nulls last
- 159 Removing cell borders from a section of grouped-style UITableView
- 34 undefined method `sass' for #<Rails::Application::Configuration on Heroku
- 28 Should one use dashes or underscores when naming a gem with more than one word?
- 26 How Can I Launch The Appstore App Directly from my Application
- 24 Undo Management with Core Data
- 18 Installing Imagemagick leads to weird error involving OpenCL
- View more network posts →