I ride to work, to shops, on holiday and that is about it, nothing too exceptional.
I have done a few tours in my time and fixed a few bikes. I try not to personally own too many bikes as you can only ride one at a time.
I am very much interested in the history of the bike, particularly the technologies and socio-economic conditions that drive fashions in cycling.
I particularly like the voting system on SE and I hope that the site will grow in time to become a truly useful resource for all the many millions of people that do ride bikes. I am not currently sure how we get to become top useful bike site in terms of visitor numbers but I am sure it will happen just so long as those of us here already try our hardest to put good answers to sensible questions.
Wow. I have to log in every day until Tuesday, 24 January 2012 if I really want that gold badge for whatever reason. But I will.
London, United Kingdom
Member for 8 years, 6 months
30 profile views
Last seen Feb 2 '12 at 0:11
- Bicycles 16k 16k 22 gold badges4242 silver badges8080 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.9k 3.9k 77 gold badges2727 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- Skeptics 743 743 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Webmasters 692 692 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Super User 670 670 55 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 45 Why are disc brakes rare road bikes?
- 39 Why is the front brake lever on the right if you 'drive' on the left and vice-versa?
- 33 Why are electric bikes so expensive?
- 32 Magento Email Template If Statements
- 30 Tactics for riding in strong winds
- 28 How long is the life cycle of a bicycle?
- 24 What makes a bike stay upright when moving?
- View more network posts →