I ride non-stop since I am 4, my father gave me one bike each 4 years until 18. Since then I am changing components and assembling new bikes. Now I have seven, including tandem, home-made recumbent, fixed gear, city-bike with generator and internal-gear-hub, freeride full-suspension.
I have been bred on XC mountainbike (raced a bit), and enjoy technical terrain, as well as light freeride, randonneuring, and touring. I also like to try to smoke my friends and acquaintances on group rides (and so do them).
I tend to do my own assembling and mainteinence, and am known among friends for a natural willingness to solve mechanical problems "in the field", even those not on my bike. I like to read about deep intricacies in bicycle mechanics, being a strong fan of a lot (but not all) of Sheldon Brown approaches.
Recently, I am engaged on bike as transportation, bike advocacy, and political-related-bike-issues, and participate in a lot of local groups, mostly nightbikers, weekend rides (not club rides) and Critical Mass.
My short-term bike-related goal is to have equipment and energy to commute all-year round (my winter is very rainy), and my long term goal, more like a dream, is to be full-time involved with bikes, professionally (most probably designing/manufacturing or selling stuff).
- Stack Overflow 22.1k 22.1k 1919 gold badges112112 silver badges205205 bronze badges
- Bicycles 18.1k 18.1k 66 gold badges4343 silver badges8484 bronze badges
- Geographic Information Systems 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge88 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Signal Processing 1k 1k 1111 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1k 1k 11 gold badge99 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 158 How to convert a NumPy array to PIL image applying matplotlib colormap
- 84 How to implement band-pass Butterworth filter with Scipy.signal.butter
- 80 Finding moving average from data points in Python
- 52 Adding borders to an image using python
- 50 Colorplot of 2D array matplotlib
- 50 How do I compile a PyQt script (.py) to a single standalone executable file for windows (.exe) and/or linux?
- 46 How to show an AxesSubplot in Python?
- View more network posts →