I'm a researcher in satellite remote sensing at the Deutscher Wetterdienst in Offenbach, Hessen, Germany. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as my work is related to academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
When using a personal pronoun to refer to me in English, I prefer the pronoun he/him/his. I will not feel offended if you use another pronoun of your choice.
Profile photo by Dobromila, CC By-SA, via Wikimedia Commons
- Travel 48.2k 48.2k 1515 gold badges127127 silver badges269269 bronze badges
- Politics 37.7k 37.7k 1212 gold badges104104 silver badges226226 bronze badges
- Academia 37.7k 37.7k 1414 gold badges117117 silver badges192192 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 24.5k 24.5k 1010 gold badges7474 silver badges175175 bronze badges
- Skeptics 16.9k 16.9k 1515 gold badges7575 silver badges131131 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 234 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 194 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 190 `staticmethod` and `abc.abstractmethod`: Will it blend?
- 128 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 128 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 124 What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?
- 121 Why do students go for a PhD even when chances of getting academic jobs on its completion are slim?
- View more network posts →