Most of my riding is on tarmac, for commuting and fun (which includes Audax) but I do a little MTB as well as taking the tourer on gravel. The only person I compete with is myself. I have quite an interest in making cycling available and appealing to everyone.
My Eddington Number is 49 (in miles).
n = 3 (and a bit). I now have:
- a Genesis Tour de Fer 10 (2017)
- a GT traffic hybrid (2010ish) with child seat
- a Saracen Tufftrax disc comp 29er hardtail (2017)
a Raleigh Michigan (rigid MTB, 1992)The back wheel died. a Universal Wildthing Blowout (stupid name if you ask me). It's essential a BSO clone of the Raleigh, and all other 90s no-sus MTBs. But for a bike that lives outdoors in a high-theft area and doesn't go far it works for me.More dead bearings.
I also look after the family's bikes including a kid's bike and a trailer, and do most of my own maintenance.
Any code of mine that I publish anywhere on stackexchange.com I hereby place in the public domain to the extent governable by law. Explicitly, I place it under the CC0. This also applies to documentation/instructions etc.
Opinions I post are mine and mine only unless clearly stated.
Attribution (especially if I say anything clever) is appreciated where reasonable - but specifically not demanded.
Member for 7 years, 1 month
3 profile views
Last seen Apr 15 at 9:05
- Bicycles 34.1k 34.1k 11 gold badge5151 silver badges147147 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 29.7k 29.7k 11 gold badge5959 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 19.5k 19.5k 55 gold badges3838 silver badges7979 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 16.8k 16.8k 22 gold badges3838 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 7.7k 7.7k 22 gold badges2828 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 172 What's the single-word for "left or right handed"?
- 166 Password management for kids - what's a good way to start?
- 80 Storing passwords in access-restricted Google spreadsheets?
- 78 What is so bad about puns?
- 72 Is my microwave damaged if I can smell the food inside it?
- 71 When a recipe asks to add spices to the oil, can you add the spices directly to the sauce for the same effect?
- 68 Is a 13-hour layover at Heathrow enough time to go see Buckingham Palace?
- View more network posts →